The concentration in Communications Law provides special expertise in the regulation of the telecommunications industry, electronic mass media, wireless telecommunications services, and digital technologies, FCC practice and procedure, intellectual property transactions, copyright and patent, First Amendment challenges for media.
- Faculty Coordinator: Professor Donna Gregg
- View list of courses with descriptions View communications Law flyer
The Securities Law concentration supplies the student with depth of background in a broad array of topics arising out of the law of securities regulation including the regulation of issuance of securities, secondary trading of securities, market regulation, enforcement issues, corporate finance, investment companies and investment advisers, derivatives and the regulation of financial institutions.
- Faculty Coordinator: Professor David A. Lipton
- View list of courses with descriptions View securities law flyer
Comparative and International Law
The concentration in Comparative and International Law offers the student a program of study in comparative constitutional law, comparative legal history, comparative legal systems, comparative trade law, comparative military law, national security law, European law, maritime law, public international law, international trade law, international business transactions, international intellectual property law, international arbitration and mediation law, international civil litigation, international criminal law, international human rights law, international humanitarian law, and international environmental law. Given the breadth and depth of the CUA Law international curriculum, students may elect sub-concentrations in several areas.
- Faculty Coordinator: Professor Geoff Watson
- View list of comparative and international law courses with descriptions
- View comparative and international law flyer