LL.M. Application Requirements
- Submission of completed Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law LL.M. application form, accompanied by an application fee of $65.00 in the form of a personal check or money order.
- Official Law School Transcripts: Applicants holding a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school must submit a complete and official law school transcript. The transcripts should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions from your law school’s Registrar/Academic Affairs department.
- For international applicants who have completed an undergraduate law degree, i.e. an LL.B., an official copy of your law school transcripts is required. These transcripts must be translated into English. We accept international transcripts from the Law School Admission Council’s Credential Assembly Service, World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators and the American Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers. If you have questions about this process, please do not hesitate to call us at (202) 319-5151.
- Applicants whose native language is not English and whose undergraduate education was not received in a school where English is the language of instruction, must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The results should be forwarded directly to the Law School from ETS.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one preferably from a member of your law school faculty. The letters must be submitted directly to the Office of Admissions and each envelope must bear the recommender's signature across the envelope’s back flap.
- Please submit a typed personal statement (not to exceed two pages) indicating why you desire to pursue an LL.M. and how your legal education and employment preparation has led you to make this choice.
- On a separate page, please select a concentration from the law school’s concentration offerings and discuss how your legal training and any legal professional experience has influenced this interest.
- You are required to submit a personal resume or curriculum vitae listing education in law, professional employment, publications, community service, honors, and other achievements you believe should be brought to the attention of the Admissions Committee.
All materials should be sent to:
The Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law
Office of Admissions
Washington, DC 20064
Should you require assistance with the admissions process, please call us at (202) 319-5151.
- International Applications
March 10, 2014
- Domestic Applications
June 1, 2014
The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law offers scholarships for J.D. and LL.M candidates based on academic performance and other information provided on applications for admission. No separate application is required.
Scholarships in the amounts of $ 5,000 - $ 30,000 U.S. dollars per year are available depending on the strength of individual applications.